Friday, October 06, 2006

mmmmmm..... don't make fun of me Conan O'Brien...

How did it happen? I mean seriously.

I'm living in a dorm room with no T.V. and still I am addicted to 2, count 'em 2 T.V. shows.

What in the world...

T.V. show number 1 is "The Office." Simply my favorite show of all time. Not quite as good as "Seinfeld" yet. Yet. Steve Carell could tell me the world is about to blow up and make it funny. And let's not forget about Jim and Pam. I feel like such a loser rooting for a T.V. romance. Go ahead, make fun of me.

But probably my favorite character is still Dwight. Or Dwigt. Those who watch will get that. This leads me into my second television addiction. It just so happens to be Dwight's favorite show as well. Those who watch will know what that is.

"Battlestar Galactica." I can hear you laughing. I really can.

Before tonight, I would have laughed at myself. I still do. I simply cannot understand this one.

I was bored tonight. I walked by the common room and noticed that from 9-11, the T.V. was reserved for one of the guys to watch the season Premiere of BSG. I chuckled. When 9 rolled around however, I found myself strangly drawn to the common room, out of both boredom, and surprisingly, curiosity. What I found was a great television season premiere.

This was the 3rd season in, and I had never seen one episode. Yet I was immediately drawn into the story by some good acting, and a good story. The writing is cheesy. As are the effects. And I wish they would stop using the word "frack" in the place of the f-word. Just write a better script where you don't have to say such a rediculously obvious replacement word.

But I was drawn into the story of man versus robot(what's a robit?). I was. I won't make any excuses. It's a nerd's show and I guess I am more nerdy than I thought. Or bored. But in any case, I want to watch it next week. We'll see what a week's wait will do to this addiction. Will it feed it or kill it. I don't know which I want.

I can still hear you laughing at me. It's ok. I'm right there with ya.

I know that clip isn't really funny. It's more for reference than anything else.

Here's one more for comedic purposes.

peace out seacrest,
hersch

4 comments:

Jules said...

nerd

NFB in NYC said...

^^^ what she said.

Dena G said...

I'm a nerd, too. Ask Jimmy what he gave me last week...and then ask me how many episodes I watched in one afternoon/evening/late night. ;-)

NFB in NYC said...

You've gotta be getting me...

et tu, Brutus?