Saturday, October 28, 2006

Because it's Friday...

Well, it's 12:10 a.m. so I guess it's Saturday.

The Cards won. I think I passed my kidney stone. God really opened up my eyes to some stuff yesterday(more on that later...). I think we'll take it easy tonight.

I leave for your consideration the top 10 songs I found on the Asbury iTunes network. They are up for debate. These just happen to be the ones I am in the process of enjoying.

10. Under Bridges by Brave Saint Saturn-The first of 2 songs by Reese Roper, one of my favorite song writers.

9. Best of You by Foo Fighters-Who doesn't like to fight foo, especially let it get the best of you? Not me, probably not you.

8. I'm Gonna Miss Her by Brad Paisley-This is a guilty pleasure of mine. I just love it.

7. Stare at the Sun(acoustic) by Thrice-I don't really know too much about this band, but I thought this song was great.

6. The Prayer by Charlotte Church and Josh Groban-This would have been higher on the list if Josh Groban would sing in English.

5. These Are Not My Pants Medley by Five Iron Frenzy-No words can explain this brilliance.

4. We're So Far Away by Mae-This CD has grown on me more than any CD in my memory.

3. Elijah by Rich Mullins-My appreciation for his songwriting grows with every listen.

2. Mystery of Iniquity by Lauryn Hill-Have you heard this song? Man you need to.

1. Oh My God by Jars of Clay-Though I disagree with those who say that Good Monsters is their best CD, this song is their second best song of their career. Can you guess their first? It's not flood by the way. Listen to this song.

Well, that's all I got for tonight. We'll have some deeper stuff later. Have a good weekend y'all!

peace out,
hersch

2 comments:

dlaz said...

jealous kind? though i will say worlds apart is a good guess as well. the lyrics to worlds apart rings in my head almost weekly (and i don't even actually own the cd on which it is recorded).


I really am enjoying good monsters. I guess i'm just really impressed with how their music always has a different feel to it in each album.

cool list!

Herschel said...

jon wins....the recognition of being right. Good work. Dave, Jealous Kind is number 3....nicely done as well