Thursday, November 02, 2006

people surprise you sometimes...

Isn't is funny when you go into a situation with a perception of how someone will be and then you are completely wrong? Let me explain.

I had to go to the Doctor's office today. Now not to lump all doctors together, but my general experience with any doctor I've seen except for one has been with a person who is condescending and sees me as a small annoyance and not a person who mught actualy be sick. Not today though. I went and saw Dr. Demos last friday and while he wasn't a jerk, he wasn't friendly either. So I expected today to be no different. When Dr. Demos came and I described my pain from my kidney stone(yeah..its still there) he smiled and said "Good. That's what I wanted to hear." Exsqueeze me? You want me to be in pain? He then explained that the pain I am feeling, though sucky, is actually a sign that I am going to be better soon. Oh, ok. He actually took me in his private office and showed me some pictures and then we talked about me getting my degree in counseling. He was completly cool.

I guess it just goes to show you that shouldn't pre-judge a situation. I walked away from Dr. Demos' office with a much better attitude and thankful heart. Nice.

peace out,
hersch

5 comments:

Geoff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NFB in NYC said...

private pictures?

no wonder you had a good time.

Herschel said...

geoff why did you remove your comment?

Geoff said...

I didn't... but I'm not retyping it.

Herschel said...

well I certainly didnt...you must have...what was wrong with it?