Tuesday, November 14, 2006

a cup of tea and perhaps some internet?

-So in my thoughfulness, I spoke to a group of high schoolers this past weekend about obedience. Then I read this post(Stirrings) about obedience and was confronted with my own disobedience that I live in most of the time. Hmmm.

-I would really like the internet in my room to work again.

-I would also love to have a nice hot cup of tea. Mmmm's good.

-Sometimes I like to do a personal gut check, ala Psalm 139. Sometimes I feel good about myself after...sometimes not. Today is a not. I've been a little selfish and sarcastic lately. I don't like being sarcastic but I like getting laughs. And I am good at getting laughs by being sarcastic and mean. I am trying to learn how to be funny without being sarcastic--it's hard.

-Anyone wanna buy me a new pair of glasses? My prescription is old and my vision isn't where it should be.

-This semester has been very strange to me. For one, it has FLOWN by faster than any semester of school that I can remember. It also has been more lonely than I had anticipated. I'm not sure if I have been doing a good enough job of making myself open to new relationships here. Part of me likes the alone time, but a bigger part longs for someone to disclose to.

-Apocolypto or ApocolypNO?

Tis all.

peace out,
hersch

7 comments:

Matt W said...

ApocalypNO,

instead be Stranger than Fiction

Herschel said...

really? you dont want to see a movie about human sacrifices where they rip peoples hearts out through their stomachs in less than a minute? go figure.

call me crazy, but i havent seen a Mel Gibson movie that didn't move me in some way and i am actually looking forward to it...though not the heart ripping parts...He said its not as violent as the Passion though...

NFB in NYC said...

You already know how I feel on this..

No.

Matt W said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. What Women Want tore me up.

Herschel said...

let me clarify--mel gibson movie in which he DIRECTED....geez i figured that was understood

NFB in NYC said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Matt W said...

Well, I'm still waiting around for a post with pictures. You know, the one you promised A WEEK AGO!