Tuesday, January 30, 2007

there are just some things that cannot be ignored...

There are few instances in each of our short lives where we witness something truly artistic and beautiful. How many times can have you looked at painting and been moved? Once? Twice? Have you ever left a museum feeling like a better person? Maybe a couple times in your life?

Perhaps there are those certain photographs that take you to another place.

Perhaps a story?

Or maybe a song? I remember the first time I heard "World's Apart" by Jars of Clay and how I put it on repeat for 2 hours. I sat there just listening to the words, memorizing both the words and the music, the beat, everything. I sat there and let the song wash over me. I never thought I would have another experience like that.








That is until now. Sometimes things are so incredible you cannot ignore them.
Then there is this.


I love the weiner dogs drinking at the river, and the weird aliens sprinkled throughout the video.

I don't know what is more offensive; this video's horribleness, or my subjecting you to it?

peace out,
hersch

PS-What's your favorite part?

6 comments:

maggie said...

you know, i was really preparing myself for some super-spiritual post, one that might change my life and move me to tears. i was already in the midst of thinking of those things that have moved me.

and then i was moved beyond comprehension. speechless. there are no words (besides the uncontrollable giggles at the beginning of aforementioned video) to describe how i feel right now.

there are just too many favorite parts to choose from.

Herschel said...

you mean my quote about weiner dogs and aliens didnt give it away?

Matt W said...

My favorite is David Hasselhoff jumping with Massai warriors in Kenya, or perhaps David Hasselhoff catching and biting a raw fish that was flying through the air just off the coast of an arctic glacier.

This video is a favorite around the office and has haunted many of our dreams. Seriously, a lot of people in Europe think this is the best video of all time. What was Hasselhoff thinking?!

NFB in NYC said...

I think the adolescent angel girls are a nice touch...

maggie said...

ok... so maybe the "weiner dogs and aliens" thing maybe did tip me off a bit... but i was still unprepared for the sheer magnitude of what i encountered.

good times, my friend... good times.

Dena G said...

The fish chomping thing...that's crazy. 8-)