Monday, January 22, 2007

and now the severe beating of a seminary janitor...


So I started my new job today. I am a janitor/custodian here at the seminary. My main responsibilities are to clean both men's dorms. It's a pretty cool job. I have a cool boss. I get to work on my own at my own pace. I get to listen to my iPod. I get paid. It's nice.

Sorry this blog has been lacking lately. J-term killed any serious thoughts I might have wanted to post, but now that that is over with, hopefully we can get some things rolling here again.

Well, I need a shower and then I am thinking about doing some reading. I need some help though.

I am bored with all my books and music. Does anyone have reccomendations for either and perhaps even a book or CD you can lend me so I don't have to go out and spend money. I am totally willing to lend out my own things. Just thought I would try to be anti-consumerish there. Anyways.

peace out,
hersch

7 comments:

NFB in NYC said...

At least you have a job. I clean my trailer which is like a dorm and get paid nothin.

I'm with you on the music. Over 2000 songs in my library and I'll listen to 4 of them.

Jules said...

I would recommend anything by John C. Maxwell, and I've got a ton of them if you're interested. I've also got some others that you might be interested in. I'm going to go through my music collection....oh, and I'm getting satellite internet...boo-yeah, baby. No more stupid dial-up for me!

NFB in NYC said...

NOT THE BEAKERS!! THE BEAKERS!!!!!


Satellite Internet Jules? Isn't that like a lot of doll-hairs?

Jules said...

satellite internet is $300 up front and $60 a month after that. The $300 is for the equipment, which I think I can talk them down from that :) Anyway, I'm paying $57 for my land line now and $22 for my internet through Earthlink. I'll actually be saving money 'cause I'm getting rid of the Earthlink. and the Verizon land line!

Dena G said...

You are welcome to peruse my bookshelves any time. And borrow anything you find interesting, of course.

Speaking of borrowing...do you still have one of my Andrew Peterson CDs? :-)

Herschel said...

eeeek...yes i do...my bad

Dena G said...

That's fine. As long as I know where it is, it's all good. I try to not loan more than one or two anythings out at a time, because I tend to lose track of what I've loaned...and to whom. I may be getting old, but I think I can keep track of one CD without too much trouble!! (Unless you have more than one and I don't remember...??) ;-)