Tuesday, September 12, 2006

***UPDATED VIDEO!!!***There's no Sufjan me...is there any Sufjan you?



For the people without taste, it's pronounced soof-yawn.

Last night I had the oppurtunity to go watch Sufjan Stevens at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville with my good freind Jessica.

The concert opened with the band, My Brightest Diamond. To be honest, the first song was pretty sketchy and I thought it was probably a good time to go find something to drink, but Jessica said to give them another shot and they turned out to be really really good. Not what I was expecting at all. I don't know how to describe it other than Enya meets Byork meets Over the Rhine. Really mellow, atmospheric stuff. Really good.

In between sets, we noticed some bald headed guy a few rows in front of us talking to some people and enjoying the concert as well.


Derek Webb. Watch your toes, I'm dropping names.

Finally Sufjan and the Illinoismakers came out. They were wearing jeans, a jacket from a High School marching band, and wings. Thats right. Wings.

What can I say about the music that no one has said before. The man is a genius. Freaking genius.

It was a good little day trip. It was good to hang out with friends who I haven't seen in a while.

Here's a little taste of the show from last night. Sorry it's not longer, maybe someday I could put a whole song.
That's all for now.

peace out,
hersch

3 comments:

Heather Mae said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you post. :)

Matt W said...

Call me sometimes late tonight.


By the way...I'm enjoying your blog again. :-)

Matt W said...

not sometimes, sometime