Thursday, December 07, 2006

I just wanted to say...

I am one week away from a sucessful finish to my first semester upon my return to seminary. I am thankful for that for rizzle.

It has been one of the strangest semesters of my life I would say. For one, it has flown by. It seems like it was just yesterday I was moving in. Let's look at the recap shall we?

Hits:
-Finally led in some direction as to what to do with myself here and there after
-Actually took school work seriously
-kicked some butt in the land of Catan
-learned how to play Beamo

Misses:
-Anti-social behavior; I felt like Paul from "Loser" (I was anti-social, not others)
-no job as of yet
-cafeteria food
-kidney stone

___________________________________________

To be frank, it was a rough semester for me and God. As great as it was to finally get some direction, I still suck at making myself available to God in my own spiritual disciplines. But what is good is knowing I am where He wants me. And I've felt like Eusatace being descaled more than anything--which though painful, can't be bad. God is tilling the dirt of my garden and planting seeds. And I need to be sure to leave the hose and weedeater out.

Thanks to all of you who pray for me.

peace out,
hersch

4 comments:

Geoff said...

Do you own a weedeater?

Herschel said...

metaphorically, yes...

Geoff said...

that's good... you know the joke, right :)

Herschel said...

apparently not